What Does KylixDriver Include?
KylixDriver includes the following material:
- KylixDriver Application Library that consists of Kylix components and classes compiled for all currently existent Kylix versions and located in kylixdriver/kylix1, kylixdriver/kylix2 and kylixdriver/kylix3 directories. The library is subdivided into several functional groups:
- components modelling hardware resources
- ancestor classes for components modelling hardware resources
- complementary classes aggregated by (and used team up with) components modelling hardware resources
- singular component modelling device as a whole
- singular CardBuilder class, a Kylix IDE property|component editor for the aforementioned component modelling device as a whole. CardBuilder is fulfilled in the form of design window
above. The GDD is finally implemented as kdmodule.o (or kdmodule.ko) file, a loadable Linux kernel module. This file is initially absent and is not included in the KylixDriver distribution package. Why is that? This is because all kernel modules in Linux are matched against the number of current version of kernel. Therefore, you yourself have to generate own GDD module file on every system you plan to work. The information about how to automatically generate the kdmodule.o (or kdmodule.ko) file is provided in Installing KylixDriver chapter (see FAQ about how to rebuild it on request). There are following components supplied for this goal:
- KylixDriver Kernel Module represented by the Generic Device Driver (GDD) mentioned
- kylixdriver/module/trial/gcc2/chardev.o: compiled object code of the GDD logic; it is used for kernels compiled with gcc version 2.x.x
- kylixdriver/module/trial/gcc3/chardev.o: compiled object code of the GDD logic; it is used for kernels compiled with gcc version 3.x.x
- kylixdriver/module/trial/gcc3_regparm/chardev.o: compiled object code of the GDD logic; it is used for kernels compiled with special regparm option, with gcc version 3.x.x
- kylixdriver/module/sysdep.c and kylixdriver/module/sysdep.h: sources which bind compiled object codes of the GDD logic to current Linux kernel
- Additional sources which come to the GDD.
- Additional software including the installing and the configurating shell scripts.
- All electronic documentation accessible in your kylixdriver/help directory.
- Kylix demonstration samples